Monday, March 3, 2008

Visualizing History: Cuban Revolution Experience

At first it would seem daunting to try to tell a story using pictures with captions. For me, it was not all that bad. I chose the Cuban Revolution because of the recent news of Fidel Castro stepping down. Since the Revolution occurred in the 20th century, I figured it would not be difficult to find pictures detailing the event.

Since the Cuban Revolution was an important event in history, there was an abundance of websites that had content that differed from one another. Instead of going to a more established websites such as museum sites or www.history.com , I chose a different route by picking websites that were made by people who were fascinated with this subject. These websites varied from having large to minimal content and differing in the amount of link or resources they had.

What could quite possibly the most difficult part of this assignment for me was choosing which pictures to use. Because there was an abundance of pictures that pertained to the Revolution, I had to narrow down pictures that had the best visual representation of the story that I was trying to tell. Of course I chose pictures that were taken during a certain part of the story. What made me finally decide is if these pictures showed important people that the story told of and that it helps create story flow. Overall, it was a enjoyable experience telling a story using pictures.

No comments: